What happens when you bring two people from different continents together on a call to chat about their passion for Jesus? You get inspired.
Joanna la Fleur and Compassion alumnus Richmond Wandera recently sat down for an interview that was filled with passion, hope and love for the church.
Joanna la Fleur and Richmond Wandera both know that pastors and church leaders have a burden and calling to bring light into dark places. That’s what led Joanna to found Word Made Digital, which brings practical tools and creative strategies to Christian leaders in order to fulfill the Great Commission in the Digital Age. For Richmond, it’s what led to founding the Pastor’s Discipleship Network, which brings training to church leaders across Africa.
In this dynamic conversation, Joanna opens the floor for Richmond to share what led him to his ministry today and how Compassion was integral in positioning him to invest in the Church. Richmond’s story is full of emotional highs and lows. It is inspiring to say the least: it captures the heartbreak of losing his father and the tragic loss of a dear friend, as well as the sacrificial love of a 15-year-old sponsor, the transforming power of grace in his family and the passion for discipleship.
Here are just few reasons why we think you will love listening in:
- Richmond’s remarkable Compassion story (20:03).
- An incredibly insightful conversation surrounding discipling leaders.
- The reason why Richmond considers ministry to pastors’ spouses and families vital to church leadership.
- A strong emphasis on the role of tenacity in discipleship and ministry.
- A segment on what Christian leaders can learn from entrepreneurs.