Listen in to this inspiring time that church leaders from across Canada spent with Jimmy Mellado, President and CEO of Compassion International. Jimmy shares about the realities for Compassion’s ministry worldwide as well as the remarkable opportunity we have as the Church to do good and meet the needs of the most vulnerable.
With Jimmy’s candor, passion and hope, this inspiring and heart-gripping conversation about the necessity of the Church in times of crisis is a must-watch.
Some highlights include:
- Crisis: Danger and opportunity reflected in COVID-19 (3:15)
- The primary, secondary and tertiary effects of the pandemic on those in poverty (4:00)
- Compassion’s COVID-19 response in action (8:15)
- The Church leads the way on the long road forward (12:42)
- Compassion’s one concise goal statement (22:08)
- The crucible season for leaders: 4 types of hearts in crisis (24:07)
More than ever, the Church matters as it deals with the danger and steps into the opportunity as Jesus leads. Find out how your church can play an active role in releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name.