At Compassion, we believe that “the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). We also know that, though we give our best efforts to serve this ministry, we need God’s blessing and His Spirit’s guidance. That’s why prayer is so important to Compassion’s ministry (and why we have an army of people devoted to praying for needs in our ministry).
This week as we lead up to Mother’s Day, would you join us in praying for mothers in our Child Survival Program? The Child Survival Program comes alongside pregnant women and new mothers and their babies to ensure they survive and thrive in these important years of life.
Here are a few ways to be praying this week:
- Pray for the health of both pregnant mothers and babies. Pray that in areas where there is suspicion towards modern medicine, they would be open to getting the health care they need.
- Pray that God would provide the nutrition that pregnant mothers and breastfeeding moms need to keep their little ones healthy.
- In the Child Survival Program, mothers learn things like the importance of sanitation and nutrition. Pray that moms would put what they learn into practice to keep their children healthy.
- Many children in the developing world are at risk of abuse or neglect. Mothers in the program learn how to interact with their children in a healthy and loving manner. Pray that God would help these moms to love their children well.
- Mothers in the Child Survival Program learn skills to earn an income. Pray that God would motivate the mothers to put these skills into practice and bless their efforts to provide for their babies.
- Pray for mothers to respond to the life-changing gospel of Christ. Pray that they would be examples of faith to their children and their partners/husbands.
If you want to continue praying with us for moms, sign up for our Prayer of the Day emails. This next week, we will be praying for some specific needs of mothers around the world.