Stories. They are so simple, yet so powerful. They can shape our perspective of the world, inspire and anger us, cause great joy and deep sorrow. Your stories, others’ stories, our stories.
We’re so thankful for the way you engaged with the stories of children living in poverty this year and allowed them to intersect with your own. As we look to 2022, we’re so thankful for how you continue to step into God’s story of hope and restoration for our world.
WATCH: A year in review from around the world of Compassion.
This year, you engaged with so many different stories here on the Compassion Canada blog.
Here are this year’s top 10 blogs.
10. When pocket change changes lives: Two Canadian teens share their Compassion story
We love sharing the stories of inspiring youth who partner with Compassion to make a difference. Joshua from Ontario and Cayna from New Brunswick inspired us all with their creativity, ingenuity and generosity.
9. Where are they now? Ten students received the gift of tuition
Ever wonder if your Gifts of Compassion make a difference? The story of these 10 students help to answer that question with an emphatic yes.
8. Kirk Franklin re-releases “Lean on Me” with The Compassion Youth Choir
We were so excited to share that Compassion kids from around the world had the opportunity to record and re-release a song with award-winning gospel artist Kirk Franklin! We still have this song on repeat three months later!
7. Meet another group of unsung heroes: Compassion’s Partnership Facilitators
Around the world, Compassion’s Partnership Facilitators are some of the heroes of our ministry, supporting our local church partners in delivering child development programming to over 2 million children and their families. We loved introducing you to this group of amazing people.
6. Free downloadable wallpapers to say: thank you
This spring, we invited Canadians to #DoGoodNow, and so many responded in the spirit of our theme verse, Galatians 6:9. As a reminder of your impact for kids living in poverty, we created these free downloadable wallpapers just for you.
5. #DayOfTheGirl: step into a day in Flora’s life in the mountains of Bolivia
We loved getting a window into 11-year-old Flora’s life in Bolivia for International Day of the Girl Child in October.
4. Is child sponsorship still relevant in 2021?
2021 was an unusual year, to say the least. In the midst of it all, is child sponsorship still relevant? You’re probably not surprised to hear that we’d say, “Yes!” In fact, we think it’s more important than ever.
3. Compassion helps Rwandan family reunite decades after genocide
This breath-taking story was one of the highlights of our year, as we learned that a Compassion Canada blog post helped reunite a family torn apart by genocide.
2. Meet our people: 10 questions with Compassion staff across Canada
We have some pretty stellar people on staff at Compassion—here’s an opportunity to meet just a few of them.
1. Is child sponsorship a scam?
As part of our Do Good Now campaign, thousands of Canadians wanted their child sponsorship questions answered—and we were here with a blog written just for them.