This is National Volunteer Appreciation Week, and, boy, do we appreciate our volunteers.
Canadians have big hearts:
- 47 per cent of Canadians volunteer every year.
- 2.1 billion hours are volunteered by Canadians every year.
That’s the equivalent of 1.1 million full-time jobs! And we think our Compassion Canada volunteers are the best of the best.
- More than 1,800 people volunteer with the Volunteer Advocate Network.
- Around 35 people volunteer at Compassion’s London office each week reading and filing letters. They work about 140 hours a week—the equivalent of more than three full-time staff!
- Volunteers join us at dozens of events each year to get children sponsored.
Our volunteers allow us to do so much more for children in poverty than we would otherwise be able to do.
“Simply put, Compassion could not exist without volunteers. In Canada, our volunteers multiply our efforts and give a voice to thousands of children in need. Volunteers are the backbone of Compassion’s ministry both here in Canada and on the field,” says Compassion Canada’s President, Barry Slauenwhite.
You really are the backbone of our ministry. But it’s not just us at Compassion Canada who are full of gratitude. Here’s a message from just a few of the children in El Salvador who are so thankful for all you do.
If you want to join our team of amazing volunteers who are helping to change the lives of children in need, learn more here.
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all, making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” Philippians 1:3-4