Do you love to write and communicate? Are you passionate about mobilizing Christians to respond to global poverty and raising awareness of God’s heart for children and the poor? Compassion Canada is seeking an individual to write excellent and convincing content for Compassion’s various audiences across its multiple platforms to inform, invite and inspire current and prospective supporters to join in the mission of releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Position: Content Specialist (12-month contract)
Department: Content and Creative, within Marketing and Digital Growth
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: Fully remote in Canada (Head Office located in London, Ontario)
The Content Specialist will support the Marketing and Digital Growth department and the organization on a variety of projects aimed at 1) raising awareness of God’s heart for children and the poor, 2) mobilizing the Church in Canada to respond, 3) increasing the ministry’s influence throughout Canada’s Christian community both with existing and prospective supporters, 4) building brand equity and 5) impelling action on behalf of those living in poverty. This candidate will help to develop and support projects to meet these goals. They will be a team player and be enthusiastic to the honour and glory of God.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A consistent witness for Jesus Christ and fully aligned with the message, mission and ministry strategy of Compassion,
- Passion and experience in educating the Church about God’s heart for children and the poor,
- Strong leadership and communication skills,
- Experience in storytelling and writing for multiple platforms in various styles, with a particular emphasis on marketing emails and social media,
- Highly biblically literate, understanding how to appropriately use biblical references in written communication,
- Attention to detail when writing and editing copy,
- Self-directed with ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Strong organization skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams,
- A creative thinker willing to give and receive constructive feedback on any project in development,
- Solution-oriented, identifying and working with others to explore and find ways to enhance Compassion’s impact.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in Communications, Marketing or in a related field,
- Experience in Public Relations is an asset,
- Experience in International Development is an asset,
- Travel to the developing world is an asset.
Deadline for resumes: October 22, 2021
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.