Compassion Canada, an international child development organization located in London, Ontario, is seeking a Content Specialist for a 12-month contract. Are you a writer and communicator with a heart for truth and justice? Can you write for different media like print, the web and for the digital space? Do you want to see children overcome generational poverty and thrive physically, emotionally, relationally and spiritually? If you answered yes to those questions, then this role may be a great fit for you!
The Content Specialist will help to develop a portfolio of focused and fresh content on multiple channels. The creative will serve a wide array of audiences with transformative and uplifting stories that compel action.
Position: Content Specialist (37.5hr/wk)
Department: Marketing + Digital Growth
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: Head Office located in London, Ontario
Strong leadership and communication skills are key for this role and proven experience writing for multiple platforms in various styles is important. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team, be highly biblically literate and will have demonstrated knowledge of issues of justice and poverty alleviation.
To thrive in this role, the candidate must be solution-oriented, able to identify opportunities and work with others to enhance Compassion’s impact. The successful candidate will hold a degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field and experience in International Development experience is an asset. Travel and time spent in the developing world is also an asset, but not required.
- A strong and capable writer with a unique voice,
- Ability to walk narrative-based content from ideation to market in multiple styles,
- Ability to write compelling copy for both short- and long-form content,
- Strong editing and copy-editing skills,
- Ability to write for multiple channels and platforms,
- Proficiency in web-based platforms and Content Management systems like WordPress,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office’s suite of software,
- Strong leadership and communication skills,
- Creative and critical thinking skills,
- Self-directed, proactive and able to work both independently and on a team.
Deadline for resumes: January 29, 2021
We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.