Today, Compassion partners with over 8,000 churches in 25 countries to deliver our proven child development program to more than 2 million infants, children and youth. Around the world, children, families and entire communities are being empowered to overcome poverty and thrive both now and into the future.
Compassion Canada is seeking an accomplished individual to serve as our first Director of Programmatic and Philanthropic Engagement. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and leading a new department focused on strategic institutional, government, church, corporate, and select individual partnerships with high net-worth individuals for large-scale outcomes serving children around the world.
The Director will work alongside key organizational leaders to define, mature, and implement multi-year strategies to build the capacity of our institutional and philanthropic efforts, increasing the income, influence, and impact of these partnerships. As a member of the Partner Relations’ Leadership Team, the Director of Programmatic and Philanthropic Engagement reports directly to the Executive Director of Partner Relations.
Position: Director of Programmatic and Philanthropic Engagement
Department: Partner Relations
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: Remote and/or Head Office located in London, Ontario
Education & Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree and/or Professional Designation in international development or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive end-to-end experience (from proposal submission to project implementation, to reporting on deliverables) leading successful, large-scale Global Affairs and other grant-funded projects
- Current familiarity with International Relief & Developmental realities, Global Affairs Canada and sectoral actors, institutional and philanthropic donor trends, legal regulations and industry standards
- Experience operating in a Christian nonprofit organization, with the ability to articulate the distinctive contributions of a Christian-faith based approach to international development.
- ‘Certified Fund-Raising Executive’ (CFRE) designation is preferred
Skills and Traits Required:
- Honesty, integrity, diplomacy, resourcefulness and confidentiality
- Entrepreneurial initiative with a positive mindset and solutions-orientation
- Exceptional networking, collaboration, negotiation, communication and presentation skills suited to a diverse array of settings, audiences and contexts
- Proven ability to inspire donors and partners to join and deepen their engagement
- Willingness and capability to travel frequently nationally and internationally
- Written and oral English fluency is required; French fluency is desired
For further details, please visit our website at https://www.compassion.ca/employment-opportunities/
Deadline for resumes: January 17, 2022
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.