As part of an IT team, staff in this position will be a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within Compassion Canada’s main office and remote computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and peripherals to ensure optimal workstation performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas (using various tools and channels) in a timely and accurate manner and provide supported end-user assistance where required. Ideally, candidates will have at least two years of computer support experience in the corporate or charitable sectors. Knowledge of Windows 10, Linux and MAC operating systems. High degree of proficiency in MS Office products including Microsoft 365 is required.
Position: End-User Support Technician
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: Head Office located in London, Ontario, with some remote work.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware, software and applications,
- Ability to install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all end-user devices and peripherals,
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal clients,
- Honesty and integrity – ability to be discreet, confidential and security conscious,
- Strong data entry skills with a minimum of 50+WPM.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills,
- Good oral communication skills – ability to present IT concepts in user-friendly language,
- Proven written communication skills,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and workloads and meet deadlines within a busy work environment.
Deadline for resumes: September 17th, 2021
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.