The Executive Director of Partner Relations is responsible for promoting the mission of Compassion by leading and directing the activities of frontline teams in developing partnerships and acquiring new child sponsorships and donations. Additionally, this role shares organizational leadership through participation in a highly collaborative senior leadership team.
Position: Executive Director of Partner Relations
Department: Partner Relations and the Executive Leadership Team
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: London, Ontario
- Work closely with President and CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership Team in leading all aspects of the work of Compassion Canada
- Mobilize team to explore and develop partnership paths with churches, denominations, ministry associations, event promoters, businesses, donors, volunteers and influencers
- Work closely with and serve as an active member of Compassion International’s Global Marketing and Engagement group (GME) to share best practices and explore joint venture initiatives
- Throughout all aspects of this work, provide spiritual and professional development for all members of the team while fully living out the organizational values
- Develop and execute an organizational acquisition/fundraising plan, in collaboration with organizational stakeholders, that supports acquiring new child sponsorships and donations through frontline relationships, experiences and events
- Conduct research and advise the organization on competitive trends, threats and opportunities related to area of responsibility
- Contribute to the cross-functional process to develop, execute, assess and improve the corporate strategy
- Recruit and manage both internal human resources and external service providers to achieve success throughout the Partner Relations team
- Work closely with Engagement to ensure an extraordinary supporter experience
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure frontline teams are supported and plans are integrated
- Five to seven years of proven experience in a similar or related role that includes strategic planning, fundraising/sales management, partner development, volunteer engagement and people management
- The ideal candidate will bring a background complete with educational credentials in Not-for-Profit management, Business, or Public Relations, a CFRE designation would be welcomed
- Expertise in fundraising and/or sales and strategic planning
- An in-depth knowledge of church denominations and giving trends in Christian culture
- Skilled in developing a results-oriented environment
- Ability to build and deepen partner relationships, while finding new and creative ways to increase Compassion’s reach and influence
- Wisdom, discernment, and integrity
- Exceptional people management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to attract and retain top talent
- Highly collaborative and able to build a flourishing team environment
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Honed communication and presentation skills
- A consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a servant heart
- Position based in London, Ontario but open to relocation for suitable candidate
- The ability and willingness to travel locally, nationally, and internationally is expected within this role
To be self-motivated, disciplined and able to work with a minimum of supervision. Able to serve other departments putting a strong emphasis on internal customer service.
Received: President and CEO
Given: Partner Relations Teams including: Ministry Relations, Events and Ambassadors, Donor Relations, Planned Giving and Volunteer Network
The ability to mentor/coach/supervise others toward new levels of effectiveness. Skill in appropriate goal setting and requisite development of personnel. Skilled in conflict resolution. A mature experience with Jesus Christ as outlined in Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
The tenure for this position will be performance-based and regular review intervals will define and measure performance requirements. The first review will take place after the first six months of employment with Compassion Canada.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the person so classified. Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.
Applicants should forward their resume to:email@example.com
We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
We will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.