The Marketing Project Leader will receive, scope and schedule projects—both those initiated by the Marketing teams and those that support other departments. They will prioritize work in keeping with identified goals of the team and organization. They will lead a team of project coordinators and will be responsible for forming strong relationships with other departments and developing a deep understanding of how their work and the work of marketing interact with and impact one another.
This position requires a high degree of administrative, leadership and negotiation abilities, as well as passion for serving across the organization. It is a combination of:
- hard skills related to project management, planning and process development AND
- soft skills (1) to nurture relationships with multiple stakeholders, (2) to listen carefully and understand what the person requesting the project hopes to achieve and (3) the initiative to work with the individual and other leaders to redefine the request when appropriate.
This role reports to the Executive Director of Marketing.
Since Compassion Canada is a Christian Mission organization whose role involves both ministry in and to the local church, both in Canada and abroad, and since it is expected of our donor base that we operate as a Christian ministry giving honour to Jesus Christ, employees of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular chapel services and corporate prayers.
- Pray with donors when requested by same or when deemed appropriate with donor’s permission. (This will apply to some positions more than others).
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace.
- Promote and defend the evangelical approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has adopted and put into practice.
It is further recognized that, since Compassion Canada is a Church-based ministry, both in Canada and abroad, each employee should be a member in good standing of a church that is in agreement with Statement of Faith of Compassion Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Project Leader will:
- Receive and promptly review all incoming marketing requests.
- Coordinate the timely implementation of projects and requests.
- Nurture relationships with other departments to understand needs, set expectations and create partnerships.
- Align with marketing leaders to determine priorities and capacity in order to plan the best way forward.
- Combine data and instinct to find process efficencies, measure results and develop and roll out creative solutions.
- Support and contribute to the development of departmental budgets, strategies, plans and help establish priorities.
- Work with their team to own processes and manage projects on behalf of the Marketing team such as ordering supplies, arranging special events, coordinating team activities, etc.
- Promote a culture of proactive cross-functional communication, collaboration and planning. Drive clarity when confusion arises or areas of responsibility overlap. Keep others well informed of changes that may affect thing.
- Lead and develop a project marketing team toward one vision.
- Work with minimal supervision, proactively searching out and advocating for opportunities to strengthen our organization’s performance, people and systems.
- Explore and inspire innovative thinking that invites colleagues to find new and better ways to achieve objectives.
- Take initiative to anticipate and intervene to discuss issues before they occur.
Other Skills Required
- Spiritual maturity that leads by example and is rooted in a desire to serve staff and the organization in order to accomplish strategic goals.
- Strong communication skills, both written and in person, as this person will often represent the Marketing team.
- Ability to combine high-level thinking and planning with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to manage conflict and confidently negotiate with tact and diplomacy.
- Self-directed learner with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in common project management methods and tools and in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- At least 2 to 4 years of project management experience. Strong preference given to someone who has worked within a marketing or creative design team.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams that were tasked with finding innovative ‘win-win’ solutions is strongly recommended.
- Have led, coached and developed direct reports.
The ideal candidate will have a postsecondary education. They will also have a keen desire to continually learn and develop new skills that will make them better at project management today and will help them grow in the future in relevant areas of personal and professional development.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the person so classified. Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.
For more details, refer to the full Job Description.
Deadline for resumes: September 27, 2019
Applicants should forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.