All contributions of $10 or more to Compassion Canada are tax deductible in Canada. To be eligible for a receipt, all year end gifts and donations to Compassion must be received by December 31st. Compassion receipts for income tax purposes are issued by February 28th of the following year. The receipt will be mailed to donors as well as be available for download at Receipts must be retained for tax purposes.

Our CRA Business number is 11887-1516 RR0001

View Original Post

Your financial gifts to your sponsored child are greatly appreciated as they bring joy and help to ease the struggles of poverty. We have several types of gift suggestions:

Child gifts, including birthday gifts. We recommend a gift between $15 and $100, which you can send up to twice per year.

Family gifts, ranging from $40 to $1,000 per year. Families often use gifts to buy livestock, items to repair the home, food, clothing, or bedding.

Graduation gifts, which range from $25 to $2,000. When a child leaves the Compassion program, you may wish to send a farewell gift which will help set the child up for the future.

Christmas gifts. Recommended amount – $25 per child. Christmas gifts are pooled to ensure no Compassion assisted child goes without a gift, even if they are not yet sponsored

Gifts that might be purchased for the children by the child development centre staff include clothing, shoes, small toys, household items, linen, food and livestock.

Other than Christmas gifts, 100% of your gift reaches your child and family.

View Original Post
Categories: |

Please contact our office. We would be happy to check this for you and set one up if necessary.

You can also view this information through your MyCompassion account, under Sponsorship and then Gifts. If one is not setup, we would be happy to set one up for you if you contact our office or you can set one up yourself through our website. Click here to setup an annual automatic birthday gift donation.

View Original Post

Can I get a duplicate tax receipt?

November 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Absolutely! Please email us at or call us at 1-800-563-5437. Your tax receipt is also available for you to download in your MyCompassion account. Tax receipts are issued each year no later than February 28th of the following year.

View Original Post