Back to FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions

Our Youth Group was sponsoring a child together, but cannot continue. I would like it changed to my personal name. Can I do this?

Last Updated: March 19, 2013 10:49 am

Yes, we can change this sponsorship to your name. We will require written or verbal permission from the members of your youth group to do so. Unfortunately you will not be able to keep your same sponsor number. We are required to change the sponsor number because we are asked to keep a record of all donations by name by the Canada Revenue Agency. Therefore, we will have to set up a new sponsorship to reflect the change in the name of sponsorship. Please contact our office by phone or by email so that we can make this change for you.