This project will help: the mother of a child in Compassion’s Child Sponsorship program
Estimated completion date: February 15, 2021
Life saving medical care
Help a mom in Togo undergo surgery and chemotherapy.
Summary: TAntoinette, a mother in Togo, has been diagnosed with breast cancer and needs immediate surgery and chemotherapy to save her life. But Antoinette and her two children live in extreme poverty—she cannot afford medical care. Because her daughter is enrolled in Compassion’s sponsorship program, Antoinette is reaching out for help.
Child development centres impacted: TG0505
- The problem: Three years ago, Antoinette, a widow and mother of two children, had surgery to remove a lump in her breast. The surgery was successful. But recently, more malignant lumps have appeared. She has been diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. Her doctor recommends an immediate mastectomy and chemotherapy treatments, which are very expensive. Antoinette weaves wigs for a living, but she barely makes enough to survive. In fact, her small business is dwindling, due to her health issues. Because Antoinette’s daughter is enrolled in Compassion’s Child Sponsorship Program in Togo, Antoinette is reaching out to the centre for help. Unfortunately, the centre does not have enough funds to cover all her treatment. Antoinette prays that someone will help fund this initiative, so she can stay alive for her two children, who need her.
- Life-saving surgery
- Hospital fees and medicine
- Transportation to and from the hospital
- Home care and follow-up clinical visits after surgery, including special feeding
- Local contribution: US$207.82
- Monitoring: Centre leadership will monitor this initiative.
- Handling of funds: The centre director will be responsible for dispersing funds to the appropriate health authorities.
- Follow-up: Centre staff will follow up with Antoinette to ensure that she is recovering well.
What is provided through this gift: