This project will help: Eight high-potential students from five Compassion centres in North Sulawesi Province, Indonesia
Estimated completion date: December 2023
Many bright, talented youths in Indonesia are eager to attend university, graduate, find stable jobs and overcome poverty. They have worked diligently in high school, demonstrating outstanding leadership skills and a passion for Jesus. They also have a deep desire to make a difference in their churches, communities and country.
But there is a serious obstacle to fulfilling their dreams. These students live in extreme poverty and their parents can’t afford university tuition. In Indonesia, higher education is very expensive. Many parents work as daily or seasonal labourers, barely making enough to survive, and competition for scholarships is tight. Most students end up taking whatever jobs they can find, and the cycle of poverty continues. Some students feel so hopeless that they give up.
You can show students in Indonesia that all things are possible with God! You gift today will help eight students in North Sulawesi earn degrees and improve their lives. You’ll help cover the cost of tuition and provide leadership training. Students will also have the opportunity to develop spiritually and socially. Staff will closely monitor students to ensure that they are flourishing.
Youth who receive opportunities for university will also continue to receive spiritual development at their Compassion centre. This is an important aspect of Compassion’s holistic program, which seeks to nurture Christian leadership. Youth participate as they are able in our holistic development curriculum, facilitated by caring Christian community members. They study the Bible, develop Christ-like character, learn leadership skills, serve their communities in love and participate in Christian worship and prayer. Thus, youth are discipled to become Christian leaders who will influence their communities for Christ.
Give students in Indonesia the opportunity to fulfill God’s plans for their lives!
You can help eight talented students in Indonesia pursue university education, so that they can earn degrees and secure professional jobs. Students will also have opportunities to receive leadership training and grow spiritually and socially. Your gift will help them improve their lives and break the cycle of poverty!
Child development centres impacted:
- ID0216, ID0240, ID0247, ID0248, ID0252
What is provided through this gift:
- Tuition for eight students to earn university degrees in the field of their choice
- Regular monitoring and support by centre staff
- Leadership training and opportunities to develop spiritually and socially
- Local contribution: $8,611.64
- Monitoring: Centre staff will monitor each student’s academic performance.
- Handling of funds: Compassion Indonesia will handle the funds for this initiative.
- Follow-up: Staff and church leaders will follow up with students to ensure that they are thriving. Students will encourage other beneficiaries in their Compassion centres and serve in their churches after they graduate.