What kinds of activities do you enjoy during the summer? Perhaps thoughts of campfires, gardening, bike rides, swimming or some vacation time start filling your mind? Some of my favourite activities are getting on my bike, wearing flip-flops and enjoying reading under a shady tree.
As you enjoy the summer sun and all its blessings, we want to encourage you to choose one volunteer activity to be engaged with throughout July and August. Pick something from our list below or create your own!
- Read Eyes to See – a 6-week devotional, perfect for summer and taking you through a journey to see the world as God sees it. Order your free copy from us today!
- Sign up to receive the Prayer of the Day and lift up this ministry and the children around the world on a daily or weekly basis.
- Get your family or vacation bible school involved in a summer fundraiser for one of the needs in our Gift Guide. Let us help!
- Keep a child profile in your bag wherever you go so you can encourage others to make a difference.
- Share YOUR Compassion story – look for those opportunities right in front of you to connect others with Compassion’s ministry.
I am reminded of Psalm 90:12: “Teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.” I trust that God will give you wisdom this summer as you rest, as you work, and as you serve with Compassion.
Your friend at Compassion,
Volunteer Network Manager