Compassion International has been working around the globe since 1952. We understand that God’s calling to go to the “ends of the earth” is not a figure of speech. We want to connect our supporters here in Canada with the children we serve around the world. A lot of the time that connection happens through photos, letters and prayers. But sometimes, it happens in person, and we love when that happens!
The Compassion differenceOn a Compassion Exposure Trip, you have the opportunity to learn from and experience a different culture. We believe that your openness to the experience will change your life.
- Explore a rich and diverse culture full of new foods, sounds and experiences.
- Visit the homes of children and families whose lives have been transformed.
- Meet the Compassion staff members who make a daily difference in the lives of children.
- Be immersed in the lives of children we serve—you will play games, share meals, laugh and spend time with these precious children!
- Potentially serve a meal to children at a centre, fulfill a practical need within the local community and empower the local Church.
- Be challenged to understand a world outside of yourself that opens your heart and mind to your role as a sponsor, volunteer and partner with Compassion.
What’s includedIf a trip to a country so different from your own is outside your comfort zone, be assured we will be alongside you every step of the way. We will guide you through key trip preparation, such as obtaining passports, visas (if necessary) and immunizations. We’ll provide travel tips, a packing list and fun ideas for children’s gifts.
- All airfare, fuel and surcharges for international flights (unless a trip is noted as “LAND ONLY”)
- In-country hotel costs
- In-country transportation costs such as buses and in-country flights
- In-country meals
- Tips, fees and entrance/exit costs as well as “fun day” venue costs and visits to any tourist attractions
- Travel insurance
- All expenses associated with the child-sponsor visit, including: transportation (bus, air, taxi, train, boat), translation services, meals, lodging, activity entrance fees and any other associated visit expenses for the children, their Compassion centre staff representative and parent
I was encouraged by the intimacy that I felt with Jesus while on the trip. Taking the time to be in His presence, in prayer, and in tune with the Holy Spirit all week was incredible. I strive now to keep that intimacy in my everyday life as a Mom of three young kids. Although it may be a few years before I have another opportunity to travel with Compassion again, I already look forward to the next experience.
– Heidi talking about her trip to Guatemala