We don’t have to search hard to find in God’s Word that we were created and designed for community. It’s woven into the fabric of our being. Research shows us that more happens when we are together. More ideas. More efficiencies. More accomplishments. More joy. More purpose. More children released from poverty!
More is great!
In these days of digital and technological advancement, how do we ensure we remain part of a community? As volunteers, how can we stay connected and encourage one another?
Here are some ways we came up with to continue to cultivate our volunteer community:
- Talk to us about your volunteer role and tell us how we can pray for you! Email our team today with a day that works best for you for a phone call.
- If you don’t yet help at events, sign up to become an Event Volunteer in your region so you can be actively be a part of helping others become sponsors and have a chance to meet other volunteers.
- Connect with fellow volunteers
- Look for stories and then comment on Facebook and Instagram. Join the conversation.
- Read about fellow volunteer Alex Muir and his story.
- Connect with other sponsors in your church and create a letter writing night.
- Recruit a fellow sponsor to become a volunteer!
- Create a small committee to come up with a unique idea for a fundraiser or ways to share Compassion. More people – more ideas and less work on one person’s shoulders.
- Let us know if you want to connect with other volunteers in your area – we can help!
Do you have an idea to share with us on how to stay connected? Send us a note! We always love to hear from you!
Together we are better and together we can see more children given the opportunity to know Christ and to have hope for their future!
Your friend at Compassion,
Volunteer Network Manager