I find it difficult to write letters to my sponsored child.
Children love receiving letters from their sponsors, but we realize some people aren’t sure what to write to a child they’ve never met. Your letters don’t need to be long to make a huge impact. Knowing that someone cares and is thinking about them will encourage your Compassion child.
Here are some helpful ideas:
Things to share:
- Family, friends, and pets (whatever you’re comfortable with)
- Hobbies or favourite activities
- Bible verses and prayer requests
- Local holidays and special traditions
- Words of encouragement
Things to ask:
- Family and friends (ages and names)
- Favourite activities at school, church and the Compassion centre
- Their country, town or community and its local traditions
- What they hope to be when they grow up
- 80 letter-writing ideas;
- My favourite thing my sponsor has written me;
- Letter writing in three easy steps
Children treasure your letters, so we hope you will write one today. Writing from your MyCompassion account is convenient and easy.