About Group Visits
With Group Visits, Compassion will coordinate all logistics related to the day your group members meet and get acquainted with their Compassion children. Sponsors, however, are responsible for arranging all international travel details outside of the visit day. If you are not comfortable traveling on your own, we encourage you to consider joining one of Compassion’s Sponsor Trips.
When you are ready to arrange a visit, submit a Group Visit Request Form. Meeting your Compassion children in person will create a marvelous memory for the group members. We will be thrilled to assist you on this wonderful journey!
Arranging Your Visit
An Individual Custom Visit is when one sponsor visits one or more children they sponsor. The sponsor may bring other family or friends as guests on their visit. A Group Visit is when two or more sponsors are visiting two or more children whom they sponsor separately. If you have an individual visit, please fill out the form on this page.
Not sure what request form to fill out? See our helpful FAQs.
- Eight Weeks Advance Notice — Compassion requests that you submit a visit request form a minimum of eight weeks’ notice prior to the date of your visit.
- The preferred maximum number of visitors is eight — However, if you have a larger group, we may request approval from the field office for additional visitors.
- Visit Locations — Our field office will recommend the best location and activities for the visit, taking into account your personal preferences. The typical sponsored-child visit may include your child’s home and Compassion student centre, a meal together, and a local attraction such as a park or zoo.
- International Travel Arrangements — When you have registered, and everyone in your party has completed the necessary documents, your Visit Specialist will submit your request to our local field office. Although no visit date can be guaranteed in advance, Compassion will make every effort to arrange your visit accordingly. If you decide to make travel arrangements (such as purchasing flight tickets) in advance, and your visit is subsequently declined by our field office, Compassion is not responsible for your costs.
- Starting the Process — Once you have firm dates for arriving in the country and have selected a weekday date when you would like your group to visit with Compassion children, please fill out a Group Visit Request Form to initiate your visit process.
- How It Works Review Process — A Visit Specialist will review your request form and send the designated contact person a document to return to us with each group member’s name and email address. Once that is completed, your Visit Specialist will then send each person in your group a personalized email with a link to register for your visit and complete some necessary documents.
- Necessary Documents — Each adult visitor (legal age in your province) must complete a background check, and every visitor (both adult and minor) must electronically sign the release form.
- Arranging Logistics — When everyone in your party has completed the necessary steps, your Visit Specialist will submit your request to our local field office and begin communicating with our field staff to arrange the logistics.
Cost and Expenses
- Cost Estimate — The expenses involved in a Group Visit depend on the logistics necessary, and may include transportation, host/translator services, activities, and meals on your visit day. We are unable to provide an estimate of your visit day costs prior to submitting your request because each visit is unique, and only our field staff in the country where your Compassion children live can provide an accurate estimate of the costs. Once you have registered, and everyone in your party has completed the necessary documents, your Visit Specialist will submit your request and the field office will provide an estimate of any anticipated costs specific to your visit arrangements. Each group member meeting a child will be responsible for making his or her own payment during the visit day.
- Detailed Itinerary — When the information is received from the field office, your Visit Specialist will send an email containing a detailed itinerary, an explanation of expenses that each group member will need to pay during your group visit.
- Confirmations and Trip Contacts —Once the field has arranged your visit and you have confirmed the details your Visit Specialist will send a final confirmation to the designated contact person with contact information for your in-country host, as well as any other relevant contact details for the field office staff.
- Important Guidelines/Policies — Please read our Custom Visit Guidelines and our Expense and Cancellation Policy prior to submitting your visit request.
- FAQs — If you have additional questions, please refer to our Custom Visit FAQs, filled with commonly asked questions. We also welcome your questions by phone at 800-336-7542 or by email at email@example.com.